Aside from bucket lists, year-end wrap-ups are almost a requirement if you maintain a presence in he blogosphere. I have been trying to summarize my year for you, dear reader, but it pains me to say that 2008 was pretty uneventful. So here’s the best I could muster, in a very non-chronological order:
– I got sick quite a few times, mostly with pleuracy.
– I moved my blog from my own hosted installation of WordPress, to tumblr.com, and then to blogger.com, in an effort to simplify my online life.
– I kicked a World of Warcraft addiction.
– I got an unpaid job as a copy editor at gamepositive.com
– I helped launch, and continue to contribute to, violent-frequency.com
– I decided making a lot less money was worth some extra time with my partner Joey, so I moved to a store in my company that’s closer to home.
– I decided I will go to college, as soon as my situation allows it.
– I lost 50 pounds, and gained 30 between Thanksgiving and New Year’s.
– I met John Hodgman briefly at a book signing and reading.
– I met Dana Fuchs after her concert at the House of Blues.
That’s it for now. I’ll add more later if I think of anything.