Seems like bucket lists are popular this time of year. I got this one off marmite lover’s blog.
1. Started my own blog- Yes, and helped a couple others with theirs too.
2. Slept under the stars- A couple times. Nature and I don’t really get along though.
3. Played in a band- High School band, sure.
4. Visited Hawaii- Nope.
5. Watched a meteor shower- Yes
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- No
7. Been to Disneyland/World- Yes
8. Climbed a mountain- No — again, me+nature= 🙁
9. Held a praying mantis- Yes
10. Sung a solo- Nope
11. Bungee jumped – No
12. Visited Paris- No
13. Watched lightning at sea- No
14. Taught myself an art from scratch- Aside from basic language skills, everything I know about writing I’ve learned on my own.
15. Adopted a child- No, but I’ve adopted two cats. Much tidier creatures.
16. Had food poisoning- Yes, from a piece of cheesecake in Disneyworld.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- No
18. Grown my own vegetables- Yes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa- No
20. Slept on an overnight train- No
21. Had a pillow fight- Yes
22. Hitchhiked- No way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Of course.
24. Built a snow fort- Yes
25. Held a lamb- No
26. Gone skinny dipping- No way. Heh.
27. Run a Marathon- No. Too unfit. I have a hard enough time walking! Haha.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- No.
29. Seen a total eclipse- Yes, sometime in grade school.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- Yes, both.
31. Hit a home run – No
32. Been on a cruise- Yes, if the Jungle Cruise in Disneyworld counts.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- No.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors- No
35. Seen an Amish community- Yes
36. Taught myself a new language- Working on Spanish a little. At least enough Spanish to sell shoes.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-Nope
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- No
39. Gone rock climbing- Yes, against my will.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- No
41. Sung karaoke- Yes
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- No
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- No
44. Visited Africa- No
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- Yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance- Not that I recall.
47. Had my portrait painted- No. I had a caricature drawn at an amusement park once.
48. Gone deep sea fishing- No
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- No
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- No. But I’ve been to a 1/3 size reproduction. Hah.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- No.
52. Kissed in the rain- Yes
53. Played in the mud- Yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- Yes
55. Been in a movie- No
56. Visited the Great Wall of China- No
57. Started a business- No
58. Taken a martial arts class- No
59. Visited Russia- No
60. Served at a soup kitchen- Yes
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies- No, but I’ve eaten more than my fair share.
62. Went Whale Watching- No
63. Got flowers for no reason- No
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- Yes
65. Gone sky diving- No
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- No
67. Bounced a check- Yes
68. Flown in a helicopter- No
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- Yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- No
71. Eaten caviar- No
72. Pieced a quilt- No
73. Stood in Times Square- No
74. Toured the Everglades- No
75. Been fired from a job- Just once.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London- No
77. Broken a bone- Yes: fingers, leg.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- No
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- No
80. Published a book- No, hope to some day.
81. Visited the Vatican- No
82. Bought a brand-new car- No
83. Walked in Jerusalem- No
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- Yes, for some award I won in elementary school.
85. Read the entire Bible- Yes
86. Visited the White House- No
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- No. I’ve been a vegetarian for longer than I have been able to prepare meals myself.
88. Had chickenpox- Yes
89. Saved someone’s life-No
90. Sat on a jury- No
91. Met someone famous- Yes, a couple minor celebrities. John Hodgman, Dana Fuchs.
92. Joined a book club- No
93. Lost a loved one- Yes
94. Had a baby- No. Nature has denied me that privelage.
95. Seen the Alamo in person- No
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- No
97. Been involved in a law suit- No
98. Owned a cell phone- Yes, filling out this survey on mine as we speak.
99. Been stung by a bee- Yes
100. Ridden an elephant- Yes, at the zoo.